Friday, November 1, 2013

Paper Mâché Mask and Headpiece Halloween 2013

I made this paper mâché mask and headpiece in 2013 for halloween; I used some of the techniques Jonni Good goes over on her site.

Paper Mâché Clay Recipe by Jonni Good

Paper Mâché Paste Recipe by Jonni Good

The mask was created out of paper mâché. Then it was covered in  paper mâché clay, to build all the forms and details. The mask and headpiece took about three weeks to finish.  Everything on the mask was handmade except the horns and teeth. I started this project to late and didn't have enough time to make the horns or teeth, so I had to buy them and paint them to match the mask. 

This was my first time making a mask and using this paper mâché techniques. I'm super happy with how it came out. The medusa inspired headpiece I made for myself is farther down the page along with some pictures from the party we went to. Hope you guys enjoy! 

Medusa Inspired Headpiece 

Some Photos from the Party.

 Nick knocked out some of the teeth so he could drink his beer. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment