Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Zombie Makeup


Zombie Makeup look, because I  just felt like doing something creepy.



Products used 
  • Urban Decay- Primer Potion, Electric Palette, and Naked 2 Palette
  • Kat Von D- Tattoo Liner in Trooper and InnerStellar Palette
  • Bh Cosmetiscs- 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette 1st Edition,  BH Party Girl After Hours Eyeshadow Palette, and Eyes on the '80s Eyeshadow Palette
  • Prestige- Liquid Eyeliner
  • NYX-   Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and Black Bean
  • Graftobian Pro Paint in White Swan.
  • Mehron Paradise Paint in Black.
  • Wolfe Faceart FX- Essentials Hydrocolor 12 color palette
  • Brushes- MadeULook brushes, Ecotools Large Powder Brush and Stippling Brush, Naked 2 brush, Electric palette brush, NYX b22 angled eyeliner brush, and craft brushes.


I started out on the zombie side, watered down some brown body paint, and put a thin wash of it all over; to get that zombie tan everyone's been dreaming about!!  Then it was on to contouring to make myself look more emaciated. 


Before I started on the fleshy side I took watered down blue, green, and purple body paint and splattered it all over to give the skin more character. With all my freckles the splatters kind of just blended into my skin in the photos, but it was an awesome effect in person.


I mixed my white with a little yellow to create a base for the bones and the lighter blends on the muscles. This allowed me to make it whiter as went into highlighting to give everything a bit more depth . 


The exposed fleshy side was inspired by anatomy photos and this image I found on Pinterest. I did a lot of digging, but sadly could not find the name of the artist who created it. The exposed muscle side was all about blending and details. I put Kat Von Ds eyeliner to the test. I was beyond impressed with how effortless it was to create the lines I wanted, it's such an intense black. I love it! Oh and how I lived without Madeulooks detail brush is beyond me. It was effortless to get the blends I wanted.


Everything went great with this makeup, I didn't have any big setbacks. The only thing I would have wanted, is more time to keep laying in those details. I ran out of time and feel like I rushed the skin over the muscles, but I learned a long time ago that with these makeups there is never enough time. I could always go back and do more. I'm extremely proud of how this turned out.


Thank you for stopping by!  You can find Sherries Customs on...

No comments:

Post a Comment