Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Octoskull Step by Step Makeup


Octoskull is my pride and joy. 
This idea had been on my mind for awhile. I was so excited to finally be able to make it come to life.  However, this makeup taught me patience on a hole new level! 


Things always start out nice and tidy.... they sure don't stay that way!


     As you can see in the pictures above I stopped taking progress pictures after the 9th picture. Things got crazy overwhelming and I had insane "artist block". My original idea wasn't working out like I thought it would. I ditched the pink and went with purple. I also decided not to do the colored part I mapped out on the forehead. I had big ideas for this look. I really should have sketched something out on paper first, so I could have worked all the kinks out there.  



Everything that could go wrong with this makeup did. I was going to go on and on and tell you guys about all the things that happened and complain,  but honestly I don't think it's worth talking about. The makeup took a long time, but I'm very proud of myself for not giving up. I feel like I've earned this one the hard way. Next time I won't let all the negativity and self doubt slow me down.  Trying my best to stay positive!

    
I'm still new to all this, octoskull is only my 3rd big makeup. Here's a few things that I learned from doing this look.

- always have some type of sketch to save time. It will  help me with artist block. I can't get it if I have a plan and know what I'm  doing ahead of time.
-Start early or don't start at all. 
- that I can do absolutely anything I put my mind to no matter how "difficult" it may appear.
-hard work pays off
-stay positive no matter what


I like to set goals for my makeup looks. For this one I wanted to go bigger then I have before. So I set a goal of 200 likes on Instagram. Just to give you an idea of how big that was for me, most of my looks at most have 50 likes. I had no idea how I was going to get 200 people to like my photo, I didn't even have 200 followers! In life we shouldn't worry so much about the how, we should focus all of our energy on the what. What I wanted was 200 likes and that's what I was going to get. 


    Just like with the alien makeup other artists played a huge part in making my goal a reality. Not only did I get 200 likes for octoskull, but I did it three times! Two out of the three times it got over 300 likes. I also hit 300 followers! I was amazed and extremely grateful for all the love and support. I couldn't have done it without help. A huge thank you goes out to everyone involved. Thank you for believing in my passion! 
 

Here are the links to the Instagram accounts of the insanely talented artists above



     I'd also like to share what I do when I hit these goals. I go hiking with my fiancé. This time my best friend was able to join us. Here's some photos of our celebratory hike.  


You can find Sherries Customs on...

No comments:

Post a Comment