Friday, September 11, 2015

September 11th Makeup


There's tons of beautiful memorial images out there for September 11th. They inspired me to create this makeup. 



My sketch, I love how this turned out. This got me excited and scared about doing the makeup. I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle all the straight lines, but then I thought of using rulers to help me lay everything out and keep my lines straight. 


They worked pretty well. There were only a few times that my brush managed to get under the ruler and mess up the line. I would have had a really hard time making all the lines myself and they would not have been as straight.



Products Used 
  • Bh Cosmetiscs 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette 1st Edition and BH Party Girl After Hours Eyeshadow Palette
  • Urban Decay- Electric Palette and Shadow Box Palette
  • Sugar Pill- Burning Heart Palette
  • Icing- Mineral Eye Shimmer
  • Wolfe Faceart FX- Essentials Hydrocolor 12 color palette
  • Mehron Paradise Paint in Black.
  • Graftobian Pro Paint in White Swan.
  • Brushes- MadeULook brushes, Ecotools Large Powder Brush and Stippling Brush, Naked 2 brush, NYX b22 angled eyeliner brush, and craft brushes.



I outlined and colored everything in with paint.


Then I used makeup to create depth and shading.


I added the eye shimmer to sun to give it a glow and used it to create the sun rays.


 America was forever changed after September 11th 2001. I created this look in loving memory of all the victims who lost their lives on that tragic day and in honor of all the heroes. Brave, courageous, men and women who in the face of total chaos joined together and did what they could to save as many lives as possible. Some making the ultimate sacrifice to do so. We will never forget the lives lost that day.


My heart goes out to all their loved ones who have to carry on in their absence.

This is the image that inspired the makeup.


Thank you for stopping by!  You can find Sherries Customs on...



No comments:

Post a Comment