Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Flower Made From Plastic Forks

    I Enjoyed making the plastic spoon flowers so much, that I just had to make more! This time I used plastic forks and created this unique spider mum. Yep, that's right, I said plastic forks!! 





The techniques I used to create the spider mum were really similar to the ones I used in the Flowers made from Plastic Spoons tutorial.

  To make things easier on myself I started with the middle of the flower and taped the petals to the table when they were done. This way I could see what size the next layer of petals needed to be. I took my plastic fork heated and pulled the tips until they were stretched to the desired length. When all four tips were about the size I want, I broke the tips off of the head of the fork. From there I took one of the fork tips, I used the broken off end of the tip and made a tab. I used the tab to hold onto the tip when I held it over the fire. This is also how I tape the finished petal to the table, build, and glue the flower later. After I made the tabs, I took the tips one at a time and continued to heat and shape them. I stopped once they looked more like natural petals and curved slightly at the ends. I did this for all of the tips. taping them to the table when they were finished. I left the pedals taped to the table so I could paint them. When they dried I hot glued the petals together starting from the middle. This was a very time consuming flower to make, but it was so much fun. Hope you enjoyed this little peek at my spider mum and the basics of creating one. 


Thanks for checking out my blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment