Friday, July 10, 2015

Kelpie Makeup Collaboration


My take on the legend of the mythical water horse Kelpie. I was so excited when I was asked to be apart of #collabmythology, (a mythical creature collaboration with a bunch of Instagram makeup artists). I went to work right away sketching up ideas. 



I had a ton of possible makeup look ideas in my head, but nothing got me excited on paper. I sketched up probably five variations of Kelpie before I figured out what direction I wanted to go in with this look. Needless to say, I'm so glad I sketched before I went on to makeup or I would have been lost. I looked all over deviant art and found inspiration for my Kelpie from darkmanethewerewolf. I loved his horse with teeth on it's forehead. It was such an amazing idea! My ideas formed from there. 


The gills and those teeth... I just kept thinking, as I was trying to be ever so careful outlining the teeth, what in the wold was I thinking putting so many tinny teeth on here?! I didn't do as many as I had in the sketch, it was an extremely awkward spot to place the teeth. I just did what I could and tried my best not to ruin all the hard work I just put in on the gills. 


Thankfully I got it done without to many mishaps. I really could have used some smaller brushes for this look. I think I'm finally ready to break down and buy new ones. I had a hard time achieving the colors I wanted from the sketch, but for the most part this look went really well. Much easier then I was expecting. l I really love how it turned out. 


Products Used

  • Bh CosmetiscsBH Studio Pro Waterproof Eyeprimer,120 Color Eyeshadow Palette 1st Edition,  BH Party Girl After Hours Eyeshadow Palette, Eyes on the '80s Eyeshadow Palette, and 88 Color Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette.
  • Nyx- b22 angled eyeliner brush and Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
  • Graftobian Pro Paint in White Swan.
  • Mehron Paradise Makeup in Black.
  • Wolfe Faceart FX- Essentials Hydrocolor 12 color palette

Some goofy pictures and an (ear fin??)  idea that just didn't pan out.



All the artist did an amazing job creating their creatures. I just wanted to take a minute and thank Niu.artes for inviting me to be apart of this collaboration. I had a great time creating my version of a Kelpie.

From left to right


Thank you for stopping by! You can find Sherries Customs on...

No comments:

Post a Comment