Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Man Eater


This makeup was inspired by piece Alex Gerards piece "How to be eaten by a women". The picture is in the top left. The second I saw that picture, I knew I just had to turn it into a makeup.



Alex is a very talented artist that I've been following for awhile on Instagram. His work is stunning, super clean lines, vivid colors, and oh the details! I'm sure you guys will enjoy his work as much as I have. Go check out his work and show him some love.

Alex Gerards/Icybomb

Website


 I was instantly attracted to the colors in Alex's piece. I did worry about this being an illustration and the difficulty involved in turning it into a makeup look. I knew early on that with my limited brushes, (I only own 1 actual makeup brush. The others are all cheapo craft brushes that I've had for years! I'm going to invest in good brushes soon I promise.) I wasn't going to be able to follow the image exactly. No big deal, I figured I'd just let my brush show me what was possible. It didn't come out exactly how I intended it to, but I'm still happy with the final product.    



A quick run down of the process 
  1. I always sketch everything out with an eyeliner pencil. This way I can work out proportions and position everything correctly. 
  2. Then its just a matter of coloring in the areas with paint. 
  3. Next I give the piece some dimension by shading and highlighting everything with makeup. I usually do this as I get things painted in. So it's paint a section, shade it, then on to the next spot, and repeat.
  4. Final details and highlights are made with white paint.
  5. To finish the piece everything gets a black outline.
Products Used

  • Bh CosmetiscsBH Studio Pro Waterproof Eyeprimer,120 Color Eyeshadow Palette 1st Edition,  BH Party Girl After Hours Eyeshadow Palette, Eyes on the '80s Eyeshadow Palette, and 88 Color Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette.
  • Nyx- b22 angled eyeliner brush, Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and Black Bean, NYX Le Frou Frou Boudoir Mascara, the slide on eye liner in Pure White and Jet Black.
  • Graftobian Pro Paint in White Swan.
  • Mehron Paradise Makeup in Black.
  • Wolfe Faceart FX- Essentials Hydrocolor 12 color pallet
*Eyes edited with the magic eyes color effect app


Thanks For stopping by and don't forget to like and follow me on...

No comments:

Post a Comment