Thursday, August 20, 2015

Zombie Alien

Zombies were still on the brain!! I took it in a different direction this time and created a Zombie Alien.

This look was  inspired by the works of Jed Leiknes. I love his style and the detail in his oil paintings. I just had to create my own creepy crawly creature with the same feel. Honestly it didn't come out color wise as planned, but I think it's better that way.  I was just as surprised as everyone else when it all came together in the end to form the zombie alien you see above.

Jed Leiknes





I made a quick sketch so I would have a general idea of where everything needed to be.

I was given contacts by Boulonguise to use for my  Halloween looks this year! Love the way they make my eyes look in pictures. They really help complete the look. These are my very first pair of contacts and I'm still getting used to putting them in. I had to put them in before I started and had to  be very careful not to get anything in my eyes. 

 Boulonguise website
Products Used
  • Kat Von D- InnerStellar Palette
  • Urban Decay- Primer Potion, Electric Palette, and Shadow Box Palette
  • NYX-   Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
  • Graftobian- Pro Paint in White Swan.
  • Mehron- Paradise Paint in Black
  • Sugar Pill- Burning Heart Palette
  • Wolfe Faceart FX- Essentials Hydrocolor 12 color palette
  • Brushes- MadeULook brushes, Ecotools Large Powder Brush and Stippling Brush, Naked 2 brush, Electric palette brush, NYX b22 angled eyeliner brush, and craft brushes.
  • Boulonguise contacts

I started out by hiding my eyebrows with a craft glue stick. I covered my face with various colors of face paint. Then I started adding eye shadow to blend the colors together better and fill in any gaps. 

I applied thinned out white face paint on top of everything in short little lines to start creating the shapes I wanted. I also changed the eye sockets adding more brown, orange, and red. Next it was lots of highlighting and shadowing. Adding more and more layers of the white to help give depth and blend the colors better. I added some sporadic brownish yellow lines to the white on the face to make the colors a little more interesting.

For the neck I just repeated the same process as the face. I would have liked to work on the neck more, but I was running out of time and rushing to finish. It turned out really good for only taking a fraction of the time the face did.

I was originally going to take it much further with the white and end up with fleshy tones with blue and pink under tones in the shaded areas, but that all changed. I fell in love with the blue and decided to stop and call it finished.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!  You can find Sherries Customs on...

No comments:

Post a Comment