Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Sunset


Sunset Makeup inspired by the breathtaking sunsets we experienced on our vacation. 


We just took an eight day vacation to Kring Point in the 1,000 islands. The weather was beautiful and the sunsets were to die for! 


My birthday was July 12th and if you read this post New Birthday Makeup, You already know that I got a lot of new makeup and brushes. This is the first makeup look using my awesome new products. I was so excited to try everything out!!


Products Used 
  • Urban Decay- Primer Potion, Electric Palette, Shadow Box Palette, and Shadow in Haight.
  • Kat Von D-  InnerStellar Palette
  • Bh CosmetiscsEyes on the '80s Eyeshadow Palette
  • Graftobian Pro Paint in White Swan.
  • Mehron Paradise Paint in Black.
  • Wolfe Faceart FX- Essentials Hydrocolor 12 color palette
  • Brushes- MadeULook brushes, Ecotools Large Powder Brush, Naked 2 brush, and NYX b22 angled eyeliner brush


Most of the work was done first with face paints. Once I got the colors the way I wanted, I went in with eye shadows to make the colors more intense and the clouds blend better. Then I went back in with the paint to add highlights. 


Everything was going good until I decided to incorporate my face. Originally I had planned to just do a chest piece, but everything was going so well that I thought why not do a pretty beauty makeup too. I painted my neck purple and made my first mistake. I didn't even realize I had to much water on my brush and  about three big drips of paint travel from my neck all the way down the middle of my chest. I had that moment of well, I could just leave it and make it artsy... but I couldn't leave it. I loved the way the water looked before and I wasn't going to let a few drips ruin all that hard work. I repainted all of the areas that needed to be fixed and got started on the face. 


I don't do artsy beauty looks often. Actually, I never really do beauty looks, because I'm not very good at them. So I thought this would be a great time to practice.  I started with the lips and liked the way they came out. I moved to my nose,  and then my eyes. I had already hidden my eyebrows before I had really decided that I was doing a beauty look, but I figured no big deal I could just draw them on...

Haha no, not at all. For some reason I thought black eyebrows would look good. They didn't. lol I tried toning them down with Haight shadow from Urban Decay that helped a little, but I still didn't like it. It was getting late and I gave up before I messed anything else up. I made sure to keep those crazy eyebrows out of the pictures! You guys are lucky I have these two pictures above to show you, because I really wasn't going to take any of my face and just pretend like it never happened!

Thank you for stopping by!  You can find Sherries Customs on...

No comments:

Post a Comment